I miss the frontpage :(

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
rebelheart

I miss the frontpage :(

Post by rebelheart »

I don't want to sound demanding but I really do. I know I can look at colours at petpetcentral and other places, but I also liked the ratings and comments and... *sighs*
So, if maybe someone could fill me in and explain what the actual problem is and why it can't be fixed, and maybe I could get a consoling pat and you all tell me that it sure'll be fixed one day and I should be more patient?
Thanks.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm not personally involved in this project, but from what I understand, the database is being rebuilt, and the scripts are being repaired. Jazzy knows exactly where we are on the schedule right now, but you'll have to wait for her to be around tomorrow. =)

It'll all be fixed one day, certainly. A little patience would probably help, because I know the people working on it have a lot on their plates right now. Winter ends up being very busy all around--work deadlines, school deadlines. It'll be fixed as soon as it can be. =D
Image Image
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

I was going to make a post just like this but rebelheart beat me to it. :D
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Yes. Unfortunately, right now I have bigger priorities than fixing that code soup. I also need to wait until Kamil hears from Robin to do something about it.
gidget

Post by gidget »

Can we get occassional updates?

We don't need something every day, of course. We don't want to be unreasonable. But maybe we could get a little crumb every few days just to let us know that someone's at least thinking about working on it? :D

It would be a great relief to us all, I'm sure.

*pokes futilely at the link to the front page*
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Sure. Current update: Kamil has emailed Robin, and we're waiting. This is likely to last for a while, because on Thursday I am disappearing to an old people's home in Germany with no internet for nine days.

There isn't very much to tell you at the moment; it isn't calculated reticence.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Annnd, Kamil has now heard back from Robin and we're going to have to rebuild it from the ground up as there's no backup to be had.

So -- it's gonna be a bit. Sorry about that.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I have a copy of NC's scripts from April, which while they lack most of the new features, they have functional color viewing scripts, which is what we want right now, no?

If anyone wants it, just poke me over MSN.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

I know the script is being updated (and kudos to you) but is there anychance of having something on the front page?

Just a couple of lines of text stating the main things that have happened that week, such as interesting new pet releases, big plot news, actual new neo-games. Not everything like all the other updates pages just somewhere to get the jist of what's happening in the world of Neo (could easily enough include an update of whats happening with the scripting here as well).

I just think it would make the whole site a bit more welcoming, and really it wouldn't take more than about 10 minutes a week.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

No. Right now, I'm the only one with editing access and on Thursday I am disappearing to an old people's home in Germany with no internet for nine days, as I've said above. When I'm back, I will be revising for my module exams, because if I do not do well in them, I will not be going to university in the summer. So, as you can imagine, that sort of thing is low down on my priority list. I don't have sufficient authority to grant anyone else editing access, and Kamil is probably loath to give out her FTP password.

Tiel- I might ask you for those, depending on what the problem is exactly with our scripts (I think they're just missing the database- if the structure is recreated, they may or may not work again).
covet

Post by covet »

Maybe you could just put up a big picture of a bunny. <i>Everyone</i> likes bunnies.

The bunny could be all "Ooops, sorry Neocolours, I ate your front page!" And visitors would be all *fistshaky* "I should be mad at you, Mr Bunny, but I <i>can't</i> because of your cute widdle ears!"

That is what <i>I</I> think.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

*grin* It's true, everyone does love bunnies...
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Except Anya...
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

OBJECTION!

Bunnies are the bane of my existance. Except when I don't have to look at them. On one hand, I only check the front page with vague hopes of the script being back and thusly wouldn't see the bunny very often, but on the other... BUNNY. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... -hides under blanket and leaves the bunny love up to the resident bunny-lovers- I don't see the problem with it staying as is, unless someone's terribly bored... XD

Also, thanks for the updates. I appreciate having an idea of what's going on, as I've missed the script terribly since its departure. And uh... Good luck putting it back together! -proceeds to stay out of the way-

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Fair enoughs, I understand about priorities.

I like bunnies.