Subeta: New Poll - Demi Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I really like it. It's so cleeeeeeean. I wouldn't own though because Demi have never appealed to me.
The petition for Jenna to be a Subeta artist starts here. In fact the petition for her to have anything to do with Subeta starts here. =\
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

hm. i voted for the old one; thick lines are not a HUGE deal to me (but then i'm no artist, so :p). the things that bother me about the demi occur more in the new version than the old. the new one looks very... pale, and older, whereas when i see the older version i can see it being frisky and mischevious. it seems more ALIVE in a sense, and the colors stand out more.

that front ruff of the new one bothers me too- it's too... puffy. :p also the tail... the part on the bottom where it's an absolute straight line, and then curls- it looks very unnatural. and the hair is nooooo for me. i like the spunky, spiky hair on the older demi version.

and i like how the old demi actually looks at you. =) the new one is like... "ooh... there's a shiny light over your head..."
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Could subeta just get Jazzy to update it for them? ^_~
I'm flattered, but my version was anatomically awful :P (not incorrect, though- the current version does have those problems. Technically the back legs are so short- aside from missing that joint- that it couldn't stand even if it wanted to.)
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Slugawoo wrote:You guys need to keep in mind that the Subeta artists try to keep the pets as basic and plain as possible. They arn't supposed to have pre-set 'character' and 'personality.' That's for the owner of the pet to decide.
I meant "character" as in being able to have one. Something I can imagine being real as a pet. The new one for me doesn't do that.

Jazzy, if your anatomically incorrect version wipes the rest off the dance floor, just imagine what a good one would do ;P I miss your art, you need to do more when work permits :)
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Slugawoo wrote:Not to mention all the pets you posted haven't been revamped in ages. xP (...Because they really don't need it yet.) Well, except the donadak, but even that was a while ago. I bet if they were redone they'd be pretty blank, too. ;3
Wow. Well, all I can say is if they "redo" the Keeto and Charlie to be expressionless, I'm outta there. No ifs ands or buts. The Expression is what makes the pet. Look at Subeta, look at Neo. I'm with Ty.

And btw, the Feli being 'expressionless'. Ever think that's meant to be a character type too? An aloof cat? *gasp*
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

chickvw wrote: And btw, the Feli being 'expressionless'. Ever think that's meant to be a character type too? An aloof cat? *gasp*
There's that ,but I also never saw the Feli as being expressionless. It looks like a typical, happy, spoiled housecat to me, and anyone that owns a cat knows what that look is.

I will just be severely disappointed if the Demi is released like this, or looking remotely close to this. A demi was my first pet on Subeta, and I'd love to have another some day, but bleh, not like this one.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Oh, and the "chibi" demi cannot fill that suggested 'ornery' role. Take a look at it. it looks like a little spoiled 4 yr old "princess".
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

There's a new version up now, might as well use this topic?

I'm not a demi fan so my opinion doesn't mean too much, but I think this version is pretty nice. The horn is better on it than Tsume's last version.
kerg

Post by kerg »

I like this new one more too, the horn and the shape of the face seem better. I did like the mane on the old revamp though. I'd settle for either of them, the Demi just needs to get a revamp.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I like this one better than the previous "new" one -- it retains more of the youthful feel of the current Demi. However, I don't like the fact that it seems to have a mane, rather than the more dread-like look the present one has. It also looks to me like its face has been squashed (I realize it's drawn in perspective, but for some reason it doesn't work for me -- it looks squashed.)

I still prefer the cleaner look of the old Demi overall.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Personally, I like the new Demi, because I find that its art is superior in just about every way imaginable. Also, I'm not seeing the "childish" personality that the old one has that is supposedly missing in the new one.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

I liked the first revamp better... This one looks kinda weird... Anyway, I never really liked the pet. *sigh*
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I like this one more than the last revamp and the old one more than both revamps.

What a conundrum.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I voted for the original. The revamps just don't have that Demi feel.
Image Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

It's not what I'd want Albia to look like... but that doesn't really matter.

I think it's quite an improvement over the first suggested revamp. I still think it has some issues (the tail still seems too stiff in places, the lighting makes it look unusually shiny (and busy, but I'm not sure if that's the lighting so much as the fur detail), and I cannot imagine this pet as a female (for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on), but if this version gets accepted, I won't cry foul over it. I love the hair/mane and the horn now, and the eyes are gorgeous. I agree with Monkeyguy in that I still don't think it captures the spirit of the original demi, but I can't explain why. I think there's something missing from the expression: the old
demi almost looks like it's holding back something special with that sly, shy smile, but this new demi looks open and honest.

The bottom line is, the demi does need a revamp IMO, and this is a bit closer to what I was imagining.