Royal Elephantes

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I really like the idea, and the royal girl. But the royal boy kind of bewilders me; it's so plain that it doesn't seem like royalty. He looks like a shopkeeper. I don't mean Neo's shopkeepers, I mean he looks like he owns a store and sells stuff. Lamps and carpets, I dunno. ;P He looks affluent, just not... royal. But that's just me.
Image Image
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Ooooohh *_* these are gorgeous, the colours on both are gorgeous, though I prefer the royal girl, she just looks so pretty and refined and suff. I'm going to have a hard time deciding on whather I want an elephante on my side now. I wish the normal elephantes looked like some of the concept drawings where they're quadrapeds {spelling is awful forgive me :oops:}, the cloud elephante looks utterly gorgeous and I'd get an elephante in a heartbeat if they all looked like that *keeps wishing*.
checkers

Post by checkers »

OMFG!! my brother has an elephante and he said he wanted a royal one and I said they'll be either chinese or indian themed and I was right, omg I love them so so much I just have to have one!!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I would have prefered if they'd kept the elephantes on all fours, and given them elaborate head-dresses and such as real elephants do, kinda like how the male uni is dressed like a real horse going to battle. I think they kinda missed an obvious approach there. Now we just have another anthro pet with 'traditional' clothing.
Im not saying they're not nice, but they weren't what I was expecting.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Beautifully done, and quite a welcome sight after the disappointment of Buzz day. I am still hoping we get a belated Elephante revamp to make the species more like the lovely art on page 2 but in the meantime this is oh so much better than a couple of ugly recolours.

I'm really pleased there are finally some top Elephante colours, and for anthro it works well, the Royalgirl in particular is stunning. If I'd known about these before I saw them I'd have been expecting utter rubbish.

Yay for nifty elephant pets at last.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Wow :o

I'm very impressed. Love the colors, the subtle details and how refined they both look.
I actually like the boy better. Something about his eyes appeals to me.

Not all who wander are lost.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I love it! I'm not an Elephante fan, so I probably wouldn't get it, but they look absolutely lovely.

I expect them to burst into an elaborate dance routine at any minute.
miazilla

Post by miazilla »

That is one of the prettiest royal colours EVER. God I want a royal girl elephant now.
Jack Sparrow Wanna be

Post by Jack Sparrow Wanna be »

When I saw this a went 'OH MY GOD!! Indians!!!' The indian royal period was my favorite time in history.

These are 100% amazing.

I love how the female has her handy handkerchife for her makeup and tears.
ImageImageImage

I love there purple and blue colours so regal and cute.

The clothes shouted out to me saying 'You want one!!!'

Even tough I love these very much I'm not tempted into spending a whole bunch on it.
The names either Llama, Jack or Tasha
(my real name being Tarsha but I never use it xP)
Leave the purple pets alone! The orange spots happen to be one of the best contrasts in neopets :D
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Oh wow. Beautiful. I thought this was going to be crap, but man it's beautiful. If I liked elephantes more and had the money I would get one.
I adore the royal girl. the colours, the look, everything is just wonderful!
I just looked at the beaten royal boy closer and for some reason it reminds me of a guy stumbling home drunk. That was my first thought when I saw it. Ít's the look in the eyes that make me think that.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

welll...I like Royal pets, and I have the np for another one, but I won't be getting this one. I like all the poses but beaten, and my next Royal has negative hp so I won't see anything but beaten and hit. Dammit!
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I love them, especially the girl. They look so.. friendly.
Pretty colours though. The only thing that bothers me is that the girl's beaten pose doesn't look quite beaten up enough to me. Her dress could've been a bit torn and maybe the jewel could have a crack or so.
Ahh, I don't know if I'd want to own one. The colours are really nice, but I'm usually neither a fan of Royal nor Elephantes...
LΟL
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

AngharadTy wrote:He looks like a shopkeeper. I don't mean Neo's shopkeepers, I mean he looks like he owns a store and sells stuff. Lamps and carpets, I dunno. ;P He looks affluent, just not... royal. But that's just me.
I'd agree that he doesn't quite look like a king. It looks like he's wearing a more expensive version of what regular people wear. But the trouble with traditional royal male garments (in any culture), is that in modern times it looks a little "girly" in our eyes. Although, they did manage to put the royalboy krawk in a robe without making him look like a girl.
But for the elephante, his gold trimming is enough to make me think of him as a member of a royal court, even if he's not necessarily a king.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

The royalboy elephante should have had a small crown and a green suit.

It should also have been Babar.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

...Babar? Who is this demon and why haven't I heard of it before?

I throughly enjoy these, especially because Elephantes usually get such terribly colors
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image