News posts on the front page: content

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

What would you like to see included in the news?

Just pet colours
42%
Pet and petpet colours
35%
Anything which could appear on New Features
11%
Any news about Neopets at all
11%

Total votes: 62

dandelions
Lily Was Here

News posts on the front page: content

Post by dandelions »

When the front page is brought back, we're considering having news posts on it. What would you like in them? The options are:
- just pet colour news
- pet and petpet colour news
- news about everything relating to Neopets that could appear in New Features (pets, petpets, avatars, items, new BD opponents, etc)
- news about anything at all relating to Neopets, including things which would not appear in New Features. For example, links to speculative articles on a Neopets film.

Don't talk about who should do the news here- that's a matter for this topic:
viewtopic.php?t=5331
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

If people are wanting petpet colour news on the front page does this mean NC will start having a petpet db again?
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Probably not- it's a lot harder to populate than the pet db. I'm not quite sure how Sam did it.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I think our main focus should really be pet colours, however, I voted for the last option because I don't think we should be limited by that. I wouldn't want a copy of New Features because that would be boring and pointless, but if there are big things going on, and not necessarily things that would be mentioned on Neopets' own news, then we shouldn't feel that we can't cover them. I don't mean things like the Neopets film- more things like cookiegrabbing or item duping.
Neopets wishlists: here
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Although I voted for pets and petpets earlier, I don't think that any more. I think the main focus should be on pet colours but with secondary focus on other features - but only the ones that look nice.

We're an aesthetics fansite. We should talk about nice looking things and horrible looking things. It's what we're best at, leave everything else to the rest of them.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I also feel the same way as Daisy and Cheese, kind of. I think our focus should be pet colours as well, but with a glimpse of other things going on in the Neopets world - at the very least new avatars, items, and that kind of thing. Maybe not every single item released (ie clothing, where no one cares), but at least pet-related items. It kind of falls in the same category to me.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I think it should either be ONLY pets (which is what I voted for), or anything. There's no reason to allow things from New Features and not general news, and while the case could be made for pets and petpets only, that's getting away from the real point of the site (as has been said). Besides, it seems a little pointless to discuss petpets if we don't have a database. Leave that to Petpet Central :)
Zap

Post by Zap »

Just pet colors.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I voted for just pets because, like oogabooga said, it would be kinda pointless to have new petpet colours shown if we don't have a database. We should let PPC at least have one thing Neocolours doesn't eh? :wink:
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I should clarify: I personally have nothing against NC posting petpet news if that is what is preferred, I'd just like to know in advance so I can rethink things.
sgt_pooh

Post by sgt_pooh »

I voted for both pets and petpets. I've now changed my mind.

We could keep the front page for pets. We can always talk about new petpet colors in the forum, like now.

Could we keep the link to PPC for the masses to see all the colors of petpets? I'm thinking that may be the way to go.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Well, I don't want to step on petpetcentral's toes- we're not a petpet site and we're not going to have a petpet database, so having petpet news updates might be a bit odd. I'm not sure.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I voted for just pet colors, but I'd also like to see posts about some news things; maybe just very large news things, the sorts that affect everyone.

We don't need petpet news. PPC is better for petpets.
Image Image
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

Are you going to still use that rating scale. Because I really liked rating pets and seeing what other people rated :D
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I posted for all of the above, but I'd like to clarify. I think that news posts should be about general neopianness, but at the same time, I don't want a list of: These are todays items, kthxbai. I think that we shouldn't do that by default, but if a news poster, for example, wants to point out a trend in art they dislike, or make a general post on the nature of neopets, or on an article on Neopets, they should have that freedom. I do not want it to just be listing what is new. Does this make any kind of sense to people?
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.