Royal Wocky

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Neopetitemsandcolourmaker

Royal Wocky

Post by Neopetitemsandcolourmaker »

Maybe you could make a royal wocky :o
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

New Colours
For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Moved.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

This belongs in Miscellaneous, I think.

But a royal Wocky... I don't know. It doesn't strike me as that exciting a colour to make, unless they come up with some original spin on it. I have a feeling it would look too close to the Royalgirl Usul if you tried to play it straight (European image of royalty.) Also, it might annoy the kind of people who don't like quadriped (sp?) Neopets walking on their hind legs. That doesn't bother me personally, but I know a few people of that opinion.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

My biggest problem right now is that it seems that all the artists who made the insanely awesome pet art have seemed to go on vacation. If I have to suffer through one more badly-drawn pair of Royal pets, I'll go nuts.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Hey, now, that's hardly fair- if you look at the last few Royal pairs, the Elephante and the Kyrii, they've actually been good. The worst Royals (ixi spring to mind) are actually a lot older. I will admit that the pet art in general has been a bit hit-and-miss lately (darigan kacheek, anyone?) but the Royals have been surprisingly consistent.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

dandelions wrote:Hey, now, that's hardly fair- if you look at the last few Royal pairs, the Elephante and the Kyrii, they've actually been good. The worst Royals (ixi spring to mind) are actually a lot older. I will admit that the pet art in general has been a bit hit-and-miss lately (darigan kacheek, anyone?) but the Royals have been surprisingly consistent.
True, true. But, still, with how utterly lackluster the pet art has been lately, I shudder to think about how another Royal pet pair would look right now.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Silverevilchao wrote:True, true. But, still, with how utterly lackluster the pet art has been lately, I shudder to think about how another Royal pet pair would look right now.
Royal Elephante only came out 2-3 weeks ago, so they can still draw well when they want. I don't think I would be interested in a Royal Wocky. I would rather see the Lenny or possibly Ogrin become Royal.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

The thought of royal ogrins makes my toenails curl up *shivers*

Anyway, I don't think there'll be royal Wockies any time soon. We've just had Wocky day and there are very few colours coming out nowadays inbetween petdays.
LΟL
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Neopetitemsandcolourmaker wrote:Maybe you could make a royal wocky :o
Errrm.. only a couple Neo staffers frequent here; the majority of us are normal players, like yourself.
rebelheart wrote:The thought of royal ogrins makes my toenails curl up *shivers*

Anyway, I don't think there'll be royal Wockies any time soon. We've just had Wocky day and there are very few colours coming out nowadays inbetween petdays.
Royal Ogrins... *shivers*

It's probably in both our favor that the pet colors, regardless of quality, have been released at a much slower pace lately. That paired with the recent Royal releases says to me it will be a long while before we get many new Royals. Though a Wocky I think could be interesting.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I'd actually just like to see any sort of ogrin redraw at all. The problem with the pet is its decidedly dodgy anatomy normally- the Baby version and Armi's pictures prove it doesn't have to look awful- so in theory it could actually work in a redraw. I don't think Royal will be a good idea, simply because it won't make the transition to anthro very well at all, but it ought to have <i>something</i>.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

I didn't necessarily mean All Ogrins are horrid, the baby is alright, and I don't mind Shadow, probably because it hides some of the anatomy. I just can't see it, like you said, transferring at ALL to Royal. Perhaps a redraw Halloween or Darigan or Faerie could be interesting for the Ogrin.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

dandelions wrote:I'd actually just like to see any sort of ogrin redraw at all. The problem with the pet is its decidedly dodgy anatomy normally- the Baby version and Armi's pictures prove it doesn't have to look awful- so in theory it could actually work in a redraw. I don't think Royal will be a good idea, simply because it won't make the transition to anthro very well at all, but it ought to have <i>something</i>.
QFT. That's pretty much how I feel. The problem is, Ogrins suck as a whole in the first place; not having any decent redraws just makes them suck even more, since other than baby they have no redeeming features. They're just an anatomical nightmare, but with the right redraws, that could be changed.

NOT Royal, however.

And the problem with royal wockies, IMHO, is their lack of fingers and toes, which doesn't translate well into royal pets x_X I'm sure in that case they'd add some, but... then again, they didn't for Aishas, did they?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

jessibean wrote: They're just an anatomical nightmare, but with the right redraws, that could be changed.
I'd like to point out that almost all speices have flaws somewhere or another. And they are far more anatomical correct then the Xweetok, who everyone and their uncle loves it would seem.

I feel someone needs to speak in Ogrins defence. Since I'm pretty much the only one here who loves them to death it may as well be me.
Ogrins do need some love in the way of redraws, but Royal would not be the way to go. Faerie or Maraquan or Plushie could all be wonderful. But I would be very afraid of what Neo would do to a Royal Ogrin.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

See, my problem with Ogrins is their cluttery-ness. Maybe if they didn't have the ruff and the ear puffs, I might like them a little more. Heck, just getting rid of the ear puffs'd help! But since most Royal pets are also cluttered, and the fact that I've seen the Christmas/Island Ogrins... Ew. Just the though of it makes me twitch. Maybe it could go the way of the Royal Uni? A new Ogrin redraw would be nice, though. Tyrannian would work well, since it's already covered in fur. I can imagine a Grey Ogrin working well. If the stripes are saturated away. Perhaps a Faerie where all the tufts and fluffs and puffs and ruffs are made smaller... ROBOT!!! A robot has no hair whatsoever! It would just be metal! Heck, if they wanted to, they could make the hair a bunch of wires sticking out everywhere! Oh, well. I'm more worried about the Lutari getting something before the Ogrin...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Seerow, what bothers me probably more than any other part of the anatomy is the insanely thin neck with the random neck ruff. I did not mean that *everything* is wrong with them, just overall, they are an awkward pet. I'm not *only* Ogrin-hating either, there are others I hate as well, but they didn't come up in conversation on this thread.

I *did* afterall, admit to liking a colorfill.. *gasp!*
Image Image