Wordscramble : 1k np + Codestone

Post anything new on Neopets here.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

oooh, thank you! Most kind. :D
KauKrazy

Post by KauKrazy »

Not all of us even managed to see the puzzle since the magazine isn't easily available outsite North America. I suppose someone could have posted the original puzzle, but I don't mind too much just being told the answer- it was only an anagram.
Exactly my thoughts. Thank you for the tip!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Surely you can live without a codestone and 1K?

Sorry. My ethics aren't easily compatible with "Easy NP"
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Sure we can live without it, but if it's free to everyone then why shouldn't we have it? Just because we don't live in North America doesn't mean we should be less able to get np but often it works out like that.
Neopets wishlists: here
TCD

Post by TCD »

I find it interesting...on Neo, 1k and a codestone is cause for celebration....while on Subeta 1k is very literally pocket change.

And ethics? What're those? I took the chance.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

It's not supposed to be free to everyone, however.

The keyword IS in the Beckett magazine, it's a Beckett-only promotion. Yes, it is unfair, but I did work on that puzzle, and honestly, it does disturb me.

I do not consider that a freebie, but rather a reward for my work.

I can see why people would think otherwise, but really, it's my POV
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Iggy wrote:It's not supposed to be free to everyone, however.

The keyword IS in the Beckett magazine, it's a Beckett-only promotion. Yes, it is unfair, but I did work on that puzzle, and honestly, it does disturb me.

Really, though, on a site in which it is so damn difficult to earn any money, I don't really think its fair that all the countries that are not the high-and-mighty U.S don't get the same opportunities.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Silverevilchao wrote:
Iggy wrote:It's not supposed to be free to everyone, however.

Really, though, on a site in which it is so damn difficult to earn any money, I don't really think its fair that all the countries that are not the high-and-mighty U.S don't get the same opportunities.
If people abuse these opportunities, there won't be any anymore, and it will be even harder of making money.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

But why should it be easy for some people to earn np and not others? It is already more difficult when you're living in Europe and perhaps don't have a fast connection.
Neopets wishlists: here
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

People have always abused opportunities for moneymaking, on all virtual pet sites- often, the loopholes are still there.

*shrug* I don't even remember if I collected the codestone from this. I hoard them, so they just go in the SDB and I forget about them.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

daisybell wrote:But why should it be easy for some people to earn np and not others? It is already more difficult when you're living in Europe and perhaps don't have a fast connection.
Every day, the site has the pleasure to remind me than a single gallery expansion is over 47K for me.

I had to get used to working for what I want. I have to play a plenthora of games, but it's worth it.

Way more than a codestone and 1K.

If you think that a codestone and 1K is worth it, do it. I'll just moan.

And, it wasn't "Here is the word, enter it on that link"

It was ten questions, where we ended with ten letters, and we had to unscramble them.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

Thank you very much! I got a zei codestone.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Some codestones cost over 9000 NP. I have to pay six codestones to train one stat point. Therefore, if I see an opportunity to get a free codestone (an opportunity that is apparently not against the rules, as this link has been plastered all over the neoboards and I haven't seen anyone get frozen/have their topic deleted), I'm taking it. I don't care if a few people actually sat down with the magazine and worked it out. If you took the time, then obviously 1k and a codestone was worth it to you, and maybe you had a bit of fun with the puzzle, too. Why should you concern yourself with others? I work hard for my NP, too, and you don't see me bitching because a lot of people are getting something for free. I'm just happy that a bunch of codestones are entering the economy, because the prices right now are absolutely fucking ridiculous.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

It's Easter. It's not surprising to me than nothing has been done yet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yay! Free monies. Really, you might as well complain about the Faerie Crossword answers being posted on every fan site. Or that time I found a codestone on the ground and you didn't. If you bought the magazine for the sole purpose of completing that puzzle and winning your codestone, you should have invested in TCGs and other rare item codes instead. Your np/real money invested return would have been significantly higher.