New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Meh. I guess it beats having pets that are constantly smiling at you 24/7, but the lack of new poses still annoys me. I understand why they can't create them anymore, given the clothing they have to accomidate, but it still annoys me.
My thoughts exactly. The emotions by themselves ARE nicer than what we have right now, but... Why can't we have the poses back? Even if it's only in a year from now? ;_;
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

To be honest I don't have very high hopes after reading that part of the editorial, I mean the point of emotion poses were that they were posed different to the happy pose, on the whole, from this I am thinking that they are just going to add a frown, teeth-baring face and possibly bandages/plasters to the basic happy pose and call it sad/angry/beaten. Even if it isn't going to be as good as the old emotion poses, at least we aren't going to have forever happy pets. (wait, why is having a happy pet a bad thing? XD)
pohatufan1

Post by pohatufan1 »

This is what you can expect all emotion poses to be like from now on.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

pohatufan1 wrote:Image

This is what you can expect all emotion poses to be like from now on.
We'll see in due times.

I doubt they're going to be that bad
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

phoebemittens wrote: And I can't bear the left-arm-itis. I'm thinking of making all my pets aishas while I work out what species that DON'T have left-arm-itis I can turn them into - I've already done my main pet, Ed.
Chombies don't have it; they're still on all fours, and they're marginally better off than they were before. Except for, yanno, the stupid eyelashes on the girls and no more redraws and shit.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Iggy wrote:We'll see in due times.

I doubt they're going to be that bad
TNT wrote:Emotions are coming, though they will not have alternate poses like they used to (again, because of the need to keep Neopets in the same pose) and the emotions themselves will be a slightly different set than the ones you mentioned.
I don't know, they probably will.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Is anyone elses quickref page not working right? I'm getting the usual text at the top and then blank nothingness where the pets are supposed to be.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Ok....

So, the last time I was on the computer, it was when the first started Beta testing the neopet customising. And I figured, "Well, I don't like it, but as longs as it's optional - I don't care."

And then I log on tonight and get this shit. I am angry and devastated... This is just too much for me to handle right now.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Ocey

Post by Ocey »

I am personally not satisfied with the redraws at all. I don't like the fact that they are all the same pose now and most of them are holding out their hands holding apperently nothing (unless you buy something for them but then it looks just silly). I hope to never convert my werelupe who looks awful as a quadraped and just today I zapped a lutari who I cannot enjoy since it looks not nice now. :( I would rather have the old neopets and no options to have clothes than this new version. I do like the new layout though. I just wish both didn't have to come at the same time because now my opinion of the new layout has been spolied I think by the pets. If it were not for the plot I would be spending no time on neopets and I probably won't spend too much more time from now on. Alright I have ended my rant. ;)
Kralia

Post by Kralia »

Erm.

I took about three months of Neopets and I've now come back and everything's gone CRAZY! Ahhh scary!

Could someone please explain what's happened in a few sentences so I don't quit on the spot from shock?
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

They redraw all the pets so people can put clothes on them, layer accessories, and mix pet colours (eg, Island Darigan Zafara). Some pets were converted to the new style automatically, but some pets were given the option to stay in the old style. That did, however, mean that they can't have clothes on like the new pets.
Kralia

Post by Kralia »

OK. Does that explain why my Kougra no longer has eyes?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Well, I was using the CSS style sheets to block ads -- but now it's started showing ads in the header again. I finally resorted to turning on adblock, and that got rid of them, but the links to my inventory and userlookup in the header no longer work.

Anyone else having problems with the links in their header? Anyone know how I can get the top ads to block with CSS again?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

My topbar links (any neomail/gift/whatever events, plus the links to my userlookup and inventory) don't work anymore, either. The big links to "pet central" and "explore" and whatnot are fine. It's annoying.

Edit: Aw, they were working for a bit, but now they're not again... maybe it's some specific ad or ads causing it.
cavern

Post by cavern »

Does anyone know how to remove the top and or bottom add on petlookups? :(