NC....Chatroom?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

Should there be an NC chatroom for us users?

omg yes plz olol!
58%
.....No.
42%

Total votes: 38

Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I approve of this new chat.
Image Image Image
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

anzuronamin wrote:I stepped in for a minute, but I couldn't type anything... not sure what that's about.
Same thing here.

But I think a chatroom is an an awesome idea.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

You might have to be sure to click on the typing queue; java doesn't always default to putting the cursor where it's supposed to.
Image Image
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I must say, I love this chat. It is very refreshing to talk to people on the forum who I usually don't, and it seems like an awesome way to get to know people.

I approve immensely =D.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Erm...I don't know how to type or anything...I've got no idea what to do. xD
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Well, you just have to wait for it to load, approve any boxes it gives you, and then start typing once you get this message:
[17:57] *** Channel mode is +
If you still can't work it out, post a screenshot of what you're getting once you've let the window sit for a few minutes, and I'll tell you if you can type from the stage you're at, or if you haven't loaded it properly.

Arktus- I know IRC clients work with it; it's just an IRC channel being run via a Java applet. Ben was talking about creating a different channel on another server so we could use, say #neocolours instead of #pjirc4phpbb.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

I am intrigued but baffled.

(Is there a way to do IRC through Trillian? And then to get into this chat thingee?)

Edit: nevermind, public bitching does make software behave. But I'm still curious about doing it through Trillian.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Yes, there is a way to do IRC through Trillian. I've done it once before, but I don't remember how - and with my reinstall of Trillian, I seem to have lost the plugin. Maybe it has to be downloaded separately. If you're using Firefox, there's also an extension called Chatzilla that works pretty well. I've used that more.

Add me to the people who can't seem to get it working properly. I've tried letting it sit, but nothing seems to be loading and I don't really know what to do with it... here's a screenshot of what I see (the little "block" tab is from Adblock, of course, but I don't think that would mess it up...)

Anyway, I may try Chatzilla for now. Once I reinstall that... *grumble*

Edit: Never mind, I found out what the problem was: it's being blocked by my anti-virus program. Gah. I don't know how to fix it yet, but I'll figure it out.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

My browser hung up when I tried to open it.

Maybe I should update Firefox already?

Oh, well. I don't really like chatting much anyway. I don't know why. I've just never really gotten into it.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Yes, sagrei- go into Manage My Connections in Trillian, and create a new IRC one. Enter a name for the server (eg, Neocolours), put in the server name and port (irc.blitzed.org::6667) and then your username, etc. If you've got a relatively recent version of Trillian (and by "recent" I mean from 2005 onwards), you won't need any plugins or anything like that. Once you're in, the channel to connect to is #neocolours.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

ChatZilla works really well; thanks for mentioning it! I didn't have MIRC or PIRCH installed on this computer, and the applet just gave me a blue box. I think it's great that we have a chat room (and there are more people in there than I expected, although a lot of you are quiet ;)).
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I like it if only because it means that certain people can't make multiple chats for the sole purpose of bitchily talking about people behind their backs.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image