Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

You joined Team Darigan Citadel on 1st June.
Yooyuball
Rank
Level 19
Goals Scored 12,187
Number of Wins 1,755
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 1
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 15
Make Some Noise
Games Played 4
I'm really, really glad this is over.
I started slow in the cup but as time went by I got more and more involved and spent five hours/day on the last three matches since the competition for a place in the championship match was very hard, and played until my eyes hurt during the days of the final.

TNT tortured me more with the announcement's delay but all is over and now I can finally have some sleep.:)

I'm glad we finally made it. Runner up twice in a row would be mean. :wink:
Congratulations to all Citadel Minions(lol), to all Roo/Shenkuu/Krawk players for going so far and specially to all hardworking players who gave their best for their teams and turned this into such an enjoyable competition.
Now starts the countdown for the prizes. :D
*waits for spiffy Gold Devotee Trophy to go along with Silver Devotee Trophy*
Last edited by Darigan on 10 Jul 2007 01:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Citadel won?

ABOUT FREAKING TIME. :P
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well, I don't like losing, but I can let it slide, since DC lost last year, so losing twice in the finals would hurt more. Let's hope we do a DC and win on our second time. :P
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Goldenchaos wrote: RI will get the cup next year!
Without me.

I did what I wanted to, I'm joining Virtupets next year.

And guys, I SUCK at Yooyuball, as you've seen from my goal average. It didn't stop me from giving what I consider a good performance.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Noooooo Iggy. Please don't leave us! :P

I'm happy with second. I'm really happy that Shenkuu snagged third, though. That was one of the handful of alternative teams I was considering in the beginning. My only regret is that all of my plot trophies are either golden or bronze (or... wood), so having a spash of silver on that line up is going to look a tad odd. >_>

I'm probably going to play with RI next year, unless the lineup is altered drastically.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Shenkuu came is third :o Pretty pleased since I've been with them since the beginning.
* puts on a kimono and sings Shenkuu national anthem *
Not all who wander are lost.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

All star players have been listed for this year's cup. I was kind of hoping they'd have ALL of our scores calculated, but maybe I'm asking for too much right now.

Also, TNT showed off two of the coming prizes in the editorial, both wearable:

ImageImage
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I cannot believe someone played 7,677 games. Just...wow. Assuming each game took three minutes (and they will inevitably take longer because of loading), and they won every single game they played, that's over 380 hours spent playing Yooyuball, or 11 hours a day for 34 days. Suddenly, I feel a lot less guilty about my own internet habits...
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I personally think, from looking at those pages, the weight of the mini-games really needed adjusting. All the games the person who was 3rd in Slushie Slinger played, in both Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise, and yet still rank 5. Aside from the fact that Slushie Slinger takes much longer than Yooyuball, too. I'm also wondering how the person first for Slushie Slinger is rank 18, yet the person second is only rank 8. Something just doesn't seem right.
Subeta: Thomas
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I think it's the 199 games of Yooyuball - wouldn't that alone get that person up to something like rank 4? I'll admit I'm not very clear on where the ranks are, because I never advanced beyond Beginner myself :)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

At least these side-game MVPs show that it wasn't only the top 4 teams that tried really hard. The second and third place Noise Makers were from Faerieland and Tyrannia. The top Slinger was from HW.

It's no wonder RI lost when 4 out of the top 5 YYBers were from DC. xD
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

adi_gallia wrote:At least these side-game MVPs show that it wasn't only the top 4 teams that tried really hard. The second and third place Noise Makers were from Faerieland and Tyrannia. The top Slinger was from HW.

It's no wonder RI lost when 4 out of the top 5 YYBers were from DC. xD
The scores weren't working that way, actually.

;)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Double-posting for great justice.

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/prizes.phtml

Prizes are out. Sorry Jessi, Yooyus aren't a prize this year, so I cannot buy you one =(

I have 29K points
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

3,791 points

Blargh.. Not even enough to get food stuff..just books and crap.. :( And a Darigan Yooyu is one of the prizes ..oh well
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Altador Cup II
2nd Place (Starting Player)

Pretty. :) I got 10,426 points -- now to head over to IDB and find out if that weapon's worth using.