Site update

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Site update

Post by dandelions »

Over the last few days, I've converted the site to use a database of Neopets and Subeta colours rather than the pure php code we were using before, in order to simplify the code and avoid using some ugly hacks I'd had in place before. In most cases, these only affect the backend code, not what you see. Consequently, if I've done it correctly, you shouldn't notice any differences, aside from in the case of these actual changes:
- when you view a Neopets or Subeta colour, the pet name now appears below the pet
- the newest Subeta colours are wrong, and won't be correct until four new colours are released
- the interface for updating the Neopets and Subeta new colours has been changed slightly, for those of you with access.

I would like you to tell me if any error messages come up while browsing the site, particularly ones which make reference to "mysql", because while I've tested it fairly extensively myself, I can't be certain that I've caught everything. Please also tell me if there are any Subeta or Neopets colours missing, though in both cases I've checked the database against the old pages.

Next projects:
- adding a page which displays one random Subeta pet in each colour, and one random Neopet. This was suggested months ago, but wasn't possible then.
- adding a poll for all the basic Neopets regarding pre- and post-Customisation opinions.
Himmelsdemon

Post by Himmelsdemon »

Subeta colours:

If you view all pets of a certain colour and then click one of the pets, it will point to a file called viewpet.php and not subetaview.php.
Edit: Same goes for all pets of a certain species.

Viewing all pets of a certain species will show the URL of the common pet as dragon_common.gif instead of dragon.gif. However, if you view all Common pets, everything is fine :)
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I think both are now fixed - can you confirm that?
Himmelsdemon

Post by Himmelsdemon »

Yes, everything is fine :D Thank you for the quick reaction.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I was viewing all the Common pets, when I clicked on the Aerie it was trying to show my a picture with this link.

http://images.neopets.com/pets/aerie_common_baby.gif

I looks like you haven't changed the format of the links to the subeta versions yet.

I just did it for Gold Keeto, Scribble Aerie and Common Aeanoid as a random sample, seems that all of them are broke as of now.

This is the sort of page I am talking about.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Aah, that's what I get for trying to be quick and blindly copy-pasting :) Fixed now?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I just looked at another four random pets of different colours and they all showed their proper images, so yes it looks fixed to me. :P
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Hm, it might just be me, but if I try to look up a common subeta pet one at a time, I get absolutely nothing. I've tried about half with no results.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I just tried searching for Common pets too and it gave the link http://www.subetax.org/images/pets/serpenth_common.gif for example and it should be http://www.subetax.org/images/pets/serpenth.gif

I believe this is similar to a problem that was already pointed out, but on these pages it's still broken. I think this is what Jessi meant.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ah yes, that's what I meant xD thank you Adi. *goes back to packing*
Himmelsdemon

Post by Himmelsdemon »

Some pet errors:
There is no Gold Aeanoid on Subeta.
The Nuclear Legeica is two times in the database.
The URL for the Scribble Hipposaru should be hipposaur_scribble.gif. (Subetas fault xD)

As far as I can tell, thats all, I went through all the colours.

For reference, there should be 1077 pet/colour combinations in the database, not counting the experiments.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Gold Aeanoid and extra Legeica removed. I'm not changing the Hipposaru, that's Subeta's fault and if it gets fixed it'll break here.

Common pet problem fixed. Are you sure there's 1077 pets? I have 1082.
Himmelsdemon

Post by Himmelsdemon »

Uhm...no, I am not. I guess you are right. Since I have seen no broken images that would indicate excrescent entries. So I guess I will check again *sigh*
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I have 1084, adding them all up on subetDB. I noticed that the Nuclear Bovyne is not on this site. SubetaDB may not have their numbers up to date so I don't know.

ETA: SubetaDB made an error, they say there are 56 Scribble pets yet list only 55. So there should be 1083 pets I think.
Himmelsdemon

Post by Himmelsdemon »

adi_gallia wrote: ETA: SubetaDB made an error, they say there are 56 Scribble pets yet list only 55. So there should be 1083 pets I think.
There are 56 pets. The image for the Hipposaru is just broken (and I guess you browser does not display broken images). But thank you for counting :)