Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I thought the excuse was very clever. It made sense and explains quite well why they weren't playing.

Also, in case anyone is still struggling with Yooyuball, I wrote up a guide. I was originally going to submit it to the NT, but I think it is too serious for their taste, judging from last year's Yooyuball articles.

It is quite bland for now, but I'll spruce it up as I go along, I just wanted the text down and formatted slightly. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. ^^
Kess

Post by Kess »

I want to see their excuse why there is NOT A SINGLE LENNY in the entire YYB lineup. There was one on the roo islad team but she was replaced this year. :(

I am boycotting the games!

Equality for Lennies! Saying they just aren't atheltic is no excuse. Every other pet is represented on the teams. I weep, for the tragedy of the Y10 Yooyuball debacle. Where is our lenny Jesse Owens when we need him most?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

In my own warped mind, I like to pretend that the Lenny retired from the field so she could take on coaching Roo Island; so, she's there, she just on the sidelines.

...It helps me cope. :P
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Officer 1BDI wrote:In my own warped mind, I like to pretend that the Lenny retired from the field so she could take on coaching Roo Island; so, she's there, she just on the sidelines.
She was a rookie, though, so that's doubtful. =(
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Kess wrote:I want to see their excuse why there is NOT A SINGLE LENNY in the entire YYB lineup. There was one on the roo islad team but she was replaced this year. :(

I am boycotting the games!

Equality for Lennies! Saying they just aren't atheltic is no excuse. Every other pet is represented on the teams. I weep, for the tragedy of the Y10 Yooyuball debacle. Where is our lenny Jesse Owens when we need him most?
Isn't it Year Nine?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Kess wrote:I want to see their excuse why there is NOT A SINGLE LENNY in the entire YYB lineup. There was one on the roo islad team but she was replaced this year. :(
I know, I miss Lennies, I thought with them being smart and all that they would be fast thinking tactics wise, making them one of the best species to be a player. You could also argue that smart people are generally not as good at sports and Lennies are a bit on the scrawny side, but still I want Lennies. Make someone get injured like last year and replace them with a Lenny. :D

As for Kreludor not being here, I know that's a valid excuse, but why did they have to be left out this year? I know last year they had sixteen so they could have an elimination style tournament, but this year they aren't doing that, they could have easily had one more team in the cup.

If they say it would make an odd number they could have always included Geraptiku or Qasala (yes I know they are only parts of other places of Neopia, but I'm sure Qasala could at least make a team). Even a Neopia Central team could have been made, it is a place in itself, I don't know why it wasn't included before.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Finally got the chance to pick a team. Picked Shenkuu since Maraqua didn't ditch the jackass and I take this game too seriously. e_e And discovered the game is SO much easier now that I have a new computer this year!

...and I still suck at it as much as I did last year xD

Oh well, at least I can play more rounds of it now. Will have to give it a try.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Wow, Roo Island actually beat DC in the Yooyuball game. I am shocked. But we only drew in the other two games, so Krawk Island has the edge at the moment. My spreadsheet table thing has Krawk Island in the lead, with Roo Island and Mystery Island tied and Haunted Woods in fourth, closely followed by Terror Mountain.

Oh and I've given a win at Yooyuball to be 6 points, a draw 2 points and a loss 0. At the other games a win is 3 points and a draw is 1 point, a loss is 0 points, it's probably wrong still, but it's what I'm using for a rough estimate.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Looks like I picked the wrong team. :( Oh, well, I didn't want to change my nice sig. *g*
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

So Krawk Island is winning, followed by Mystery Island and Roo Island in joint second, Haunted Woods in fourth and Terror Mountain in fith...

At least the top 5 are easy to work out at the moment.

Go Mystery Island!
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

:shock: eep. Someone from the 'Rooligans' board said they have seen some Shenkuu members bragging of having 100 wins to use already.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

YEAHH MYSTERY ISLAND!!!

lets keep this winning streak up!!!

i cant wait for saturdays game against Darigan Citadel! I WANT TO BEAT THEM SOOO BADLY!! HOPEFULLY all the 'newbie' players ontheir team will be out playing in the parks that day while i have convinced all of our members to stay online all day sending scores! MUAHAHA!!!
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Ohh! I think I understand where the Kreludor thing came from, like the player injuries and replacements last year which reflected real-life ones:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6697159.stm
Short summary: FIFA banned playing matches at higher than a certain altitude last week, because the home teams were at too much of an advantage.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

We beat Darigan!

*happy dance*

I'm actually surprised that Roo drew with them for both SS and MSN; even Darigan wasn't sure they were doing so well in those areas (according to their boards, anyway).
Iggy wrote:
Officer 1BDI wrote:In my own warped mind, I like to pretend that the Lenny retired from the field so she could take on coaching Roo Island; so, she's there, she just on the sidelines.
She was a rookie, though, so that's doubtful. =(
...Damn it.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Thank you for the guide Tiel - I haven't seen darigan yooyus explained so well before. It's very helpful!

I know we are only three days into the cup, but it's great too see my team Terror Mountain getting into top five. I'm glad they made it so you can stay with one team till the end, it changes the feel of the game a lot.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta